Saturday, January 8, 2011

Checking Back Into Life

As I rolled over and peeked at the time on the alarm clock, 6:30am was the vision that I seen. That meant that I only had a half an hour left before it was time to rise from my bed brush my teeth, take a shower and prepare myself for work. Perhaps if I went to bed earlier the night before I would not feel as tired as I did. However my past experience with my sleeping habits reminded me that the time that I went to bed played very little on me feeling tired in the morning. Could it be my hormones that played a role into my sleeping habits, perhaps I need a vacation despite the fact of being off from work for three days prior to this day. Or maybe trying to juggle my life and the lives of family members despite the fact that I do not have any kids are finally taking its toll.







Can you relate to this feeling ladies? Does your everyday life feel as it is taking a toll on you and because of it you wish that for a little while you could "check out" just to recapture some type of normality. My aim with regards to this blog is to begin to take time out for ourselves even when it makes of feel guilty doing so.



A little about me
Welcome to my first initial blog that I have set up and officially launched. I would like to use this blog as a form of self reflection and perhaps motivation for anyone who is out there like me and is ready to check back into life. I am 32 years old single with no kids. I have two jobs and I am a self proclaimed workaholic (that is if working from home every weekend after working 12 hours that day classifies as workaholicism). I have been working on the weekends for about eight years (can you imagine how my dating life is?) I am so involved with my two jobs that I refer to one of my jobs as my husband and the other job as my boyfriend. However I know that this behavior is not healthy. Since I started working on the weekends I have gained 30 pounds to my already overweight frame. So in an effort to improve my behavior and lifestyle I am ready to "Check back into life".

Preparation to lose weight
I am going to use the month a January to get into a routine. I have just ordered some vitamins that cater to any health needs that I have (my health needs will be discussed within latter blogs). I would like to purchase some workout clothes and a workout bag.
Working out
Ok ladies I have to admit! I have had my account to Lucille Roberts for over two year. I have gone less then ten times within the two years and I just started attending the gym occasionally a few months ago. But that okay today is a new day! Please note that my workout routine will not only consist of going to Lucille Roberts. To keep myself and you interested I am going to frequent other gyms, dance classes, yoga, boxing etc and blog about them. I am going to do some type of activity and both blog and tweet about them at least once a month.

Food
Well some would say this topic is the root of our evil when it comes being overweight (in addition to working out). If I was to be honest I would admit that drinking soda is one of my problems and I know if i did nothing else and I just stopped drinking soda that I would lose at least 20 pounds. I gave up soda a few months ago and one day I just started drinking it again. Eliminating soda from my diet will be one of the things that I do. I want to replace it with tea and crystal lite. As far as food is concerned I am going to minimize the amount of take out I eat and cook more.

What you can expect
My blog will not only consist of me trying to lose weight. I am so not one of those over the top I want to lose weight people. In fact I am comfortable being a size 18 (I will tell you my weight later) in an effort to live my best life I do recognize that being overweight and a workaholic is not healthy. While I am trying out new things and going to dance classes, resturants to try healthier food or skydiving (if I am brave enough one day) I would be honored for you to do some form for activity as well as post about on my blog. The main goal and intention of my blog is to motivate and inspire myself so I can motivate and inspire others.

If you are launching a blog or have a website or something that you would like me to check out feel free to leave a comment. Or if you just want to introduce yourself and/or tell me your goals you are more then welcome to leave a comment. In an effort to keep my blogs positive, informative and thought provoking please leave messages of that nature. If you would only like to view my blog and you are feeling a little shy that's alright, you're more then welcome to visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment